Sunday 13 May 2012

Flaxseed Wrap

Flaxseed Wrap
from Wheat Belly
Number of Servings: 1

Tips

I made mine more  tasty by adding herbs such as paprika, onion powder, garlic powder
You can make this in a rectangular microwave safe dish, or a round container. (I actually used my crepe frying pan) - see my notes at end...
after making this, i thought maybe i could use the wrap as a pizza crust. cook all my ingredients before hand and cover it with pasta sauce and then top with my cooked ingredients, cheese and then broil.

you could also do this sweetened lightly with sweetener & cinnamon as a pancake or crepe to wrap fruit. Serve with SF pancake syrup.

Ingredients

3 Tbsp ground flaxseed
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 large egg
1 Tbsp water


Directions

Mix together flax and baking powder. Stir in melted coconut oil. Beat in egg and water until blended. Pour into greased microwave safe pie plate. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes until cooked. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Gently lift an edge with a spatula, loosen from the pan. Flip the wrap over and top with desired toppings. {when i used my crepe pan, i spread it fairly thin, cooked on low for 3-5 min. then i slid it on a dinner plate and then flipped it over on the pan to cook the other side for about another 2 min or so - worked like a charm!)

Serving Size: 1 wrap

No comments:

Post a Comment