Saturday 19 May 2012

Primal Pancakes


Made these for breakfast this morning. I made HALF of this recipe as I was the only one eating them (plus I only had ONE ripe banana)

PANCAKES

2 bananas (as ripe as you can get)
3 Tbsp nut butter (I used almond butter)
¼ c flax meal
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs

Oil to fry (I used coconut)

Mash banana, add rest of ingredients. Beat the egg a little in the bowl to make it frothy. I added cinnamon cause I add that shit to everything. you could add a few blueberries, nuts or whatever .

Like I said, I made HALF of this recipe and got 6 small pancakes.  I scooped them up using a 1/8 cup measuring cup. These make small pancakes about 3 inches wide. After cooking these, I believe that if you make them any biggerthey will be VERY hard to flip. They don’t bubble a lot so watch they don’t burn.  I loosened them up with a spatula and flipped them carefully with the spatula.  I  topped mine with homemade rhubarb jam J

No comments:

Post a Comment