These are my new favorites! found this recipe on the site http://paleomg.com/paleo-carrot-cake-pancakes/ This recipe will make about 8-10 fair sized pancakes.
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk-full fat.
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- lots of: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg (i used pumpkin spice)
- handful of raisins
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter per 3 pancakes
- lots of maple syrup, obviously!
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl: almond meal, coconut flour, baking soda and powder, and spice together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients: carrots, eggs, coconut milk, coconut oil, and raisins. Mix thoroughly.
- Heat a large skillet up under medium-high heat and use coconut oil to grease the surface.
- Pour batter into small pancakes onto hot griddle. Cook on both sides for 3 or so minutes.
- Top pancakes off with coconut butter and maple syrup.