Tuesday 28 August 2012

Lemon Pie Macaroons

These are from the DamyHealth.com website. According to her site: This recipe is gluten free, vegan, raw, grain free, dairy free, sweet, tangy and delicious!  For me, they were a little more than "ok" but that's probably cause I don't like to eat anything that's NOT chocolate :)  I would prefer them a little more sour and maybe next time I will make them bigger (using the 1 TBSP scoop) but overall, I nice tangy snack :)




 Prep time: 10 Minutes (Yield: Makes 15 Macaroons) - 
( i got 37 of these macaroons as I used a 1/2 Tbsp measuring spoon to scoop them)

Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Sliced Almonds
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Dash of Sea Salt
1/3 Cup Pre-soaked Dates
1 Cup Shredded Coconut
1/4 Cup Grond Flax (or Hemp Seeds)
1 Tbsp Agave Nectar (I used the juice from the soaked dates)
Juice of 1 Lime (or Lemon if you are making Lemon Meringue)
Zest of 1 Lime (or Lemon if you are making Lemon Meringue)

Directions:
Place almonds, vanilla, salt, agave, lemon juice and flax into your food processor and blend until smooth.
Place the rest of the ingredients into your food processor with blended ingredients and pulse until mixed.
Using a melon baller scoop out macaroons onto a plate or into a container.
Serve and enjoy!
Tip – Store in a sealed-tight container in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment