Saturday 22 September 2012

Chicken Meatballs

I, of course, didn't feel like running out to get some grass fed chicken breast so I used my grass fed beef instead to make these.  I thought they were VERY good (otherwise they wouldn't be posted here)  :)



  • 1 cup zucchini, chopped (about 1 zucchini)
  • 1 cup carrots, chopped (about 2 carrots)
  • ½ cup parsley, coarsely chopped (didn't have so didn't use)
  • medium cloves garlic
  • ¼ cup blanched almond flour
  • 1 egg
  • 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts ( i used 1 pound grass fed ground beef)
  • 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
  • ½ teaspoon ground pepper
  • ¼ teaspoon chili powder
  • (I also added a bit of tumeric, cumin, basil, oregano - just because)
Preheat oven to 350°

In a food processor, pulse together the zucchini, carrots, parsley and garlic. Add almond flour, egg, and chicken.  Then add salt, pepper and chili powder and process until thoroughly combined

Drop tablespoon sized balls of the chicken mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet. (i made balls)

Bake meatballs for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve

I added mine to my homemade marina sauce and served over julienned zucchini. I also ate them plain, mixed into some cauliflower "rice"...very tasty !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment