Tuesday 21 May 2013

Easy Banana Bread (no sugar, no grains)

Sometimes I want bread....a good banana bread. This one hit the spot. Here the link to the original recipe

http://www.primallyinspired.com/no-sugar-no-grains-easy-and-amazing-banana-bread/


-Here is the finished product. Again, this does NOT make a normal sized loaf. I used my Magic Loaf pan which is about 7.5 x 3.5 inches.  This bread was moist and very tasty.  I did add some chopped pecans that I had but only wish I had added the chocolate chips!


Makes 1 loaf
Ingredients:
4 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup coconut oil or grass-fed butter, melted
4 free-range eggs
1tsp vanilla
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
½ cup organic coconut flour (do not substitute another flour – it will not work)
1 heaping tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
optional add-ins: 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, walnuts, pecans, slivered almonds, raisins, etc.
DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Throw everything together in a medium bowl and mix until combined. Pour into a lightly greased (use coconut oil or butter for greasing) bread pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until center is set and top is golden. Enjoy! (I had to cook mine for 60 mins and after 45 min I put tinfoil over the top to stop it from browning too much)
 *Your bananas should be extremely brown, almost to the point when you would throw them away or freeze them. If they are not overly ripe, your bread will not be as sweet and probably not taste as good. If you are using non-ripe bananas, you should add about a 1/3 cup of maple syrup to the batter.
NOTE: my bananas were pretty big so i only used 3 of them and only 3 eggs. I still found it a little "wet" so I added another Tbsp of coconut flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment